Biohack Pure Offers 5 Tips for Increasing Memory in 2014
More than 5 million Americans are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease, and about 1 in 3 seniors will die with Alzheimer’s or another dementia, according to Alz.org (source). These jaw-dropping figures have shocked many Americans into looking for ways to improve their brain function and, hopefully, help prevent these tragic age-related cognitive disorders. Jonathan Weisman, president of Biohack Pure, is making it his life’s work to help others achieve true cognitive enhancement. Now, he is sharing his 5 best tips for increasing memory in 2014.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning—Weisman’s first tip may catch many by surprise, but a recent study by a team at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland found that caffeine improves certain memories for at least a day after they were formed (source). “I’ve always believed that coffee makes you more alert and helps your brain better absorb and retain information. This new research seems to confirm it,” said Weisman.
- Read a book—It’s common knowledge that reading engages your brain, but Weisman pointed to new research that shows how reading can “improve the connections between brain circuits and help your brain operate at a higher level, not only when you’re reading but even after you’ve finished a book.”
- Train your brain—While Weisman noted that commercially available brain training programs have become increasingly popular in recent years, he said they weren’t necessary for getting a good mental workout. “You can train your brain for free, just by focusing on things like memorizing phone numbers or trying to remember your grocery list when you go to the store without relying on looking at it.”
- Go to bed—Weisman believes that rest is essential for brain health, and experts agree. Multiple Harvard studies have shown the connection between sleep and memory (source). In one 2010 study, researchers concluded that dreaming could help improve memory as it may force the brain to reactive and reorganize information that was recently learned. Another Harvard study found that napping could also provide a memory boost.
- Feed your brain—According to Weisman, supplementation is one of the most effective cognitive enhancement methods available. His company’s flagship product – Biohack Pure , which was recently profiled on NootropicStack.net, contains a host of natural ingredients that Weisman said, “feed the brain and help increase memory in a safe, effective manner.”