What are the Best Nootropics?
If you’ve done any amount of research into nootropics, you probably already know that there are countless nootropics out there. Each nootropic has its own special properties and each supports the brain in a different way. For example, vinpocetine is a nootropic that increases blood flow to the brain, helping improve mental quickness and focus. Pyritinol, on the other hand, is a nootropic that delivers antioxidants to the brain to help protect it against harmful compounds.
With so many different nootropics available, figuring out which ones you should be taking can be a bit confusing. You want to make sure your nootropic stack is delivering the ideal combination of smart drugs so that you get the best overall results for boosting your brain power.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at what are nootropics and what are some of the best nootropic drugs and their benefits.
• Pterostilbene: This powerful berry compound is quickly becoming one of the most popular nootropics out there today. It’s a natural antioxidant that fights free radicals, helping prevent brain fog and improve cognitive function.
• L-Tyrosine: This amino acid plays a role in the synthesis of dopamine, an essential neurotransmitter that improves memory, increases physical abilities and performance in stressed situations, and elevates mood and wellbeing.
• Huperzine A: Extracted from Chinese club moss plant, this is one of the most effective nootropics for increasing memory. The way Huperzine-A works is by preventing or slowing the breakdown of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in brain processing and memory.
• L-Theanine: This non-protein amino acid is easily absorbed into the body, and it has been associated with stress reduction, enhanced concentration, and mental stamina.
• Alpha-GPC: This easily absorbed nootropic crosses the blood brain barrier to deliver acetylcholine, known for improving memory, sharpness, and REM sleep states.
• Phosphatidylserine: This nutrient is naturally produced by the brain to reverse age-related mental decline. It has been shown to improve memory and concentration without any serious negative side effects by helping neurotransmitters communicate more effectively and reducing stress.
• Vitamin B6: This highly active vitamin is involved in over 100 chemical reactions in your body. As it relates to brain power, Vitamin B6 plays an essential role in the production of neurotransmitters and amino acids.
• Vinpocetine: Derived from periwinkle plant, this compound improves brain function by enhancing blood flow to the brain and improving oxygen utilization. By feeding your brain oxygen, vinpocetine helps your mind work faster and it aids in increasing focus and clarity.
• Pyritinol: Protecting your brain against free radicals and other harmful compounds is important to preserving proper cognitive function. Pyritinol is an excellent antioxidant that strengthens your brain’s defenses and promotes glucose uptake for better overall mental performance.
• Piracetam: Studies dating back over 30 years have linked piracetam to enhanced memory and effective treatment against age-related mental decline. Piracetam has also been shown to improve performance on mental tasks among dyslexic children. It’s also one of the first ever memory boosting pills to be marketed.
As this site continues to grow, you can expect full profiles of all these nootropics and other top smart drugs.
Have you tried any of these nootropics? Are there other nootropics not on this list that you like? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.